Indian Head Massage
What is an Indian Head Massage?
Why not treat yourself and indulge in a relaxing Indian Head Massage at the Westoe Practice, South Shields. An Indian Head Massage is a wonderful way to de-stress and relax. It is based on the Ayurvedic system of healing which has been practiced in India for over a thousand years.
How does it work?
The aim of Indian Head Massage is to release the stress that has accumulated in the tissues, muscles and joints of the head, face, neck and shoulders. The therapist uses a range of different movements including application of deep kneading and compression movements over the neck, shoulder and scalp areas. In addition, the therapist will also gently stimulate and stroke pressure points on the face.
How can it help you?
Indian Head Massage is especially good for:
- Relieving stress and tension
- Stress and tension headaches and Migraine
- Sinus problems
- Increase joint mobility and flexibility in the neck and shoulders
- Improves blood circulation and lymphatic flow
- Frees knots of muscular tension
- Relaxes connective tissue
- Aids in the elimination of accumulated toxins and waste products.
- It is particularly good for reducing the effects of stress and tension.
Clients report that the experience is deeply calming and relaxing, leaving you feeling energised and revitalised and better able to concentrate.
A typical Session
An Indian Head Massage Session at the Westoe Practice will take approximately 30 minutes. Your massage will begin with a brief consultation and review of symptoms, medical history, and lifestyle. After a session clients are left with a feeling of peace, calm, and tranquility, generating an overall sense of wellbeing.